You are welcomed by the Karaganda state medical university!
Dear site visitors!
Welcome to Karaganda State Medical University!
Our University, established in 1950, is the leading medical university of Kazakhstan in training of qualified personnel for healthcare system, has high reputation in the field of provision of educational, scientific, medical and diagnostic services. The University was marked by the highest national ranking 2nd place in the General Ranking of Medical Higher Education Institutions of Kazakhstan (IQAA), 2nd place in the courses of the master’s program in “Medicine” specialty (IQAA), 2nd place in the ranking of educational programs on “General medicine” specialty (IAAR).
Currently, the University implements the multi-level training of specialists: bachelor program, postgraduate (master’s course, residency, PhD program) and additional education. Training is provided in Kazakh, Russian and English languages. In the University study over eight thousand learners. Our graduates successfully work in Kazakhstan and the countries of near and far abroad.
Highly skilled staff teach at the University, 22 of them are academicians and corresponding members of the National Academy of Sciences, Academy of Medical Sciences, Academy of Military Sciences, National Academy of Natural Sciences of RK, Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, International Informatization Academy, International Eurasian Academy of Sciences, 72 doctors of sciences, 5 PhD, 266 candidates of sciences and 122 specialists with a Master's degree.
Quality of education and researches is provided through the high level of infrastructure: 4 educational buildings with classrooms equipped with the interactive equipment, scientific library with reading rooms and an electronic library room, Center of Practical Skills with hi-tech simulators and dummies, Research Center and Multiple-Access Laboratory, Research sanitary SIC laboratory, 6 dormitories, 57 clinical sites, 476 bases for undergoing professional practice in the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad, Medical Center, Dental Clinic, student sports and fitness complexes and recreation areas.
In the field of medical education, science and practice, the partners of the University are medical higher educational institutions and scientific centers of Kazakhstan and the countries of near and far abroad. Active cooperation is implemented with the following universities: Medical University of Plovdiv (Bulgaria), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece), Akaki Tsereteli State University (Georgia), Graduate School of Management in Barcelona (Spain), Vilnius University (Lithuania), Nicolae Testemitanu State University of Medicine and Pharmacy (Moldova), I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Russian Federation), Tajik State Medical University named after Abu Ali ibn Sina (Tajikistan), Ataturk University (Turkey), JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Finland), University of Poitiers (France), University of Zagreb (Croatia), University of Lund (Sweden).
KSMU is the first medical university of RK that passed successfully in 2005 the certification of the quality management system on compliance of the educational, scientific and clinical activity with the requirements of ISO of 9001 series by the certification authority of NQA – UK (Great Britain), NQA – Russia. In 2015 underwent certification of SGS (Switzerland).
KSMU is included into the Directory of Avicenna Medical Schools of World Health Organization and World Federation for Medical Education. KSMU is the member of the Magna Charta of Universities (MCU), Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME), Asian Medical Education Association (AMEA), Organization for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System (ORPHEUS), Organization of University Mobility in Asia and the Paciﬁc (UMAP), International Association of Development Education (IADE). Association of Graduate School of Management in Barcelona (GSMB), European University Association (EUA)
Training at Karaganda State Medical University is the guarantee of stable future!
Welcome to our University!
Dosmagambetova Raushan Sultanovna
M.D., Professor, Rector of KSMU
of Karaganda State Medical University
Training of professionals who meet the requirements of the national healthcare system and international standards through introduction of innovations in education, science and practice.
Research university that implements educational activities through science, practice and innovation
Civil and social responsibility
By adopting the Quality Policy, the administration of KSMU undertakes:
· Provision of high-level training of specialists for the healthcare system of the Republic of Kazakhstan that meets the requirements and expectations of all interested parties;
· Assurance of high competitiveness of the University on the internal and external markets of educational services, research, clinical and innovation activities;
· Permanent improvement and modernization of the University infrastructure with the goal of enhancement of the quality of provided services and reduction of costs for core activities;
· Achievement of the above objectives in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and other requirements of interested parties;
· Permanent improvement of the quality management system with the aim of increasing satisfaction of consumers and other interested parties.
By adopting the Quality Policy, the administration of KSMU declares the basic principles of its activity:
· Strategic planning and implementation of the development strategy of KSMU;
· Formation of dynamically developing and successful research community;
· Satisfaction of consumers (an individual, society, organizations, and states) with the quality of provided services;
· Development of student self-governance and representation of students in administrative structures of the University;
· Development of innovative technologies to improve the quality of provided services;
· Human resource development;
· Development of corporate culture and quality culture;
· Development and strengthening of partnerships at the national and international level;
· Development of material-technical base and assurance of effective use of resources.
Rector of KSMU R.S. Dosmagambetova
Approved by the Decision of the Rectorate of KSMU
Protocol No. 5 dated January 9, 2017